Parent Code of Conduct
It is expected that parents/guardians/supporters of players of the Blount United Soccer Club shall conduct themselves in a manner that is of the highest standards while at training, practice sessions, games, tournaments or any other function or soccer event.
As a parent/supporter of a player for the Blount United Soccer Club, I hereby pledge to provide support, care and encouragement for my child and promise to uphold the following Code of Conduct:
- I will encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, officials and opposing player, coaches and teams.
- I will place the emotional and physical well-being of my child ahead of any personal desire to win, remembering that the game is for the athlete and not for the adults.
- I will insist that my child play in a safe and healthy environment.
- I will provide support for coaches, trainers and officials who are working with my child to provide a positive, enjoyable experience for all.
- I will do my best to make this activity fun for my child and all participating children.
- I will ask my child to treat all players, coaches, trainers and officials with respect.
- I will help my child enjoy their soccer experience within my personal constraints by assisting with finances, being a respectful fan, providing transportation or whatever I am capable of doing to support my child and Blount United.
- I will not approach the trainers or coaches with an impending issue before, during, or after training and/or practice session and games unless prior, mutually-agreed upon arrangements have been made.
- I will not coach any player or interfere with any coaching activities during the training/ practice sessions or games.
- I agree not to criticize or make any disparaging comments about any player, coach or official during training/practice sessions or games.
- I agree not to criticize the Blount United Soccer Club in a public forum; instead I will submit my concerns at the next scheduled meeting of the Blount United Board of Directors.
- I will make every effort to ensure that my child:
- Attends practice/training when scheduled or will provide 24-hour notice of impending absence.
- Is at practice and ready to start at the scheduled time.
- Is at each game at the designated time prior to the start.
- Notifies the coach at least 48 hours in advance if the player will miss a game (excludes cases of illness and family emergencies).
- I am also responsible for the behavior of any guest that I may bring to any team activity.
Parents or Guardians registering their players with Blount United Soccer Club agree to the above Parents Code of Conduct and understand that their failure to uphold any of these statements may result in disciplinary action by the Board of Directors or the Coaches/Managers, which may include, but is not limited to, the forfeiture of their right to attend and watch their child participate in any training, practice sessions, game, tournament, or any other Blount United function or event.